The Semiahmoo Seniors Planning Table is a group of individuals, self-advocates, and representatives from various levels of government, non-profit agencies and businesses that are concerned with the inclusion and wellbeing of older adults living in the White Rock / South Surrey community. Once a month, the members of the Semiahmoo Seniors Planning Table meet to discuss the issues that are relevant to our older population, share information and take action.
Areas of Interest
The areas of interest of the Semiahmoo Seniors Planning Table include, but are not limited to:
- Access to health professionals
- Accessible transportation
- Advanced planning
- Breaking isolation and providing opportunities for socialization
- Creating awareness to prevent ageist attitudes
- Encouraging intergenerational relationships
- End of life decisions
- Health literacy
- Home supports allowing people to live at home longer
- Housing options
- Legal and financial considerations
- Preventing abuse and neglect
- Provision of resources for healthy aging
- Volunteering opportunities
An age friendly and inclusive community where everyone thrives.
We facilitate ways and means for inclusive generations to be healthy, valued and involved and to experience life to its fullest potential.
- Life-long Learning
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.